Emotiva Airmotiv C3+ Center Channel Speakers
Emotiva Airmotiv C3+ Center Channel Speakers
The Airmotiv C3+ is a three way center channel loudspeaker, featuring a 32 mm Airmotiv folded ribbon tweeter, dual 5-1/4 inch woven fiber midrange drivers, and four 6-1/2 inch woven fiber woofers. The Airmotiv C3+ is designed to be used as a center channel speaker in high end home theater installations.
The center channel loudspeaker is one of the most critical components in a high-performance home theater system. Because most important dialog is directed to the center channel, it is especially important that your center channel speaker be able to accurately reproduce both instruments and voice clearly and intelligibly, but without the slightest hint of distortion or harshness. And, in order to ensure proper positioning of sounds within the sound stage, the ideal center channel speaker must offer exceptionally wide flat frequency response, both on and off axis. With its full three-way design the Airmotiv C2+ avoids the limitations of many other center channel designs, to blend perfectly with your main speakers, and deliver pinpoint accurate imaging across the entire sound stage.
AIRMOTIV PASSIVE LOUDSPEAKERS: MUSIC RUNS IN THE FAMILY
Your speakers are the single most important component in your audio system; they’re the part that turns a simple electrical signal into the emotional experience that is music. Great speakers can transform an audio system that’s merely good into one that can deliver a truly transcendent listening experience. Emotiva’s new Airmotiv passive loudspeakers represent the culmination of years of research and experience in producing both home and professional loudspeakers, and were designed from the ground up with this critical mission in mind. They were designed from the start to be equally at home in an audiophile stereo system or a high-end home theater, and combine excellent technical performance, superb sound quality, elegant good looks, and excellent value. Emotiva’s design philosophy is simple: If a speaker can reproduce the entire audible spectrum, as accurately as possible, with very little distortion or coloration, then it will sound good – whether you’re playing classical music, rock, or your favorite blockbuster movie.
All of the members of their Airmotiv Passive Loudspeaker family combine meticulous design, extensive testing, and in-depth listening tests with a wide variety of musical material, to deliver the best possible technical performance and sound quality. Emotiva’s Airmotiv™ high-frequency transducers deliver flat frequency response, low distortion, virtually nonexistent signal compression, smooth off-axis response, superb transparency, and uncanny imaging. Advanced woven fiber midrange drivers deliver smooth frequency response, and detailed lifelike midrange with very low coloration, and their woofers include high-temperature voice coils and vented pole pieces to ensure crisp bass at all listening levels. Carefully designed precision crossovers, crafted with audiophile quality film capacitors, air core inductors, and precision resistors in critical locations, tie it all together. And, finally, their custom cabinets are crafted from thick, heavily braced, acoustically inert HDF to ensure maximum rigidity and resistance to stray vibration, with a front panel machined from a solid slab of 25mm HDF. The faceted front panel design, borrowed from their studio monitors, not only adds a stylishly futuristic look to Emotiva’s Airmotiv speakers, but also serves a very practical purpose – to minimize diffraction effects and room interactions.
AIRMOTIV SOUND QUALITY
Of course, the goal of all that design and testing is to produce a speaker that sounds really great and, after extensive listening tests, they are pleased to report that their new Airmotiv Passive Loudspeakers sound truly superb with all types of music – from individual vocalists and intimate jazz ensembles, to full classical orchestras, to heavy metal bands and synthetic electronica. Just pair your Airmotiv Loudspeakers with any high-quality power amplifier (Emotiva think theirs sound especially good), and you’ll get perfectly balanced sound, with outstanding clarity, and superb rendition of even the finest details. All of the speakers in the Airmotiv Passive Loudspeaker family are carefully timbre matched to work well together and to deliver a cohesive audio image in any stereo or surround sound installation. The C3+ features an updated crossover that offers slightly smoother midrange performance. (The new models are still perfectly timbre matched with the original Airmotiv Passive Loudspeaker models and will harmonize perfectly if used alongside them.)
Phenomenal sound quality and great specs alone don’t make a great speaker, which is why Emotive have included a long list of practical and convenient operational features on Emotiva’s Airmotiv Loudspeakers. The front bezel is finished with multiple coats of attractive satin finish black lacquer, which looks elegant while resisting fingerprints and scratches, and the sides are covered with tough, good-looking textured black vinyl. And, for those of you who prefer to keep their technology under wraps, all of their new Airmotiv speakers include removable, magnetically-attached, grilles. Emotive have also included bi-amp/bi-wire terminals on several models, including the Airmotiv C3+s, for even higher performance.
A SUPERB SPEAKER STARTS WITH GREAT DRIVERS
- Their state-of-the-art Airmotiv™ folded ribbon high-frequency transducer delivers exceptionally flat on-axis frequency response, smooth off-axis response, low distortion, virtually nonexistent signal compression, amazing transparency, and uncanny imaging.
- The advanced 5-1/4” woven fiber midrange drivers feature powerful magnet structures, and solid aluminum phase plugs, and deliver a very smooth response across the critical midrange frequencies, with very little coloration, and superb detail.
- Four 6-1/2” woven fiber low-frequency transducers, with high-temperature voice coils, oversized magnet structures, and vented pole pieces deliver clean, powerful bass – even when reproducing complex musical passages.
A WELL DESIGNED, ATTRACTIVE, AND PRACTICAL CABINET
- Their Minimal Acoustic Signature™ cabinet, with its faceted baffle, minimizes room interactions and reduces edge diffraction, giving you exceptionally clean transient performance and precise imaging.
- The acoustically inert 25mm milled HDF front panels, and extensive bracing, serve to further reduce vibrations, and contribute to the Airmotiv speaker’s clean precise imaging.
- Several coats of satin-finish lacquer give the front bezel of the Airmotiv speakers an elegant understated appearance, while a tough yet attractive vinyl covering protects the sides and rear from damage and fingerprints.
- An attractive black cloth grille complements the futuristic contours of the Airmotiv C3+, and provides a convenient way to keep your technology under wraps. The grille is magnetically attached, and is easily removed for cleaning – or for showing your Airmotiv speakers off to your audiophile friends.
PRECISION CROSSOVER AND FLEXIBLE CONNECTION OPTIONS
- The new and improved version of the precision crossover, carefully designed and optimized to provide perfect synergy with the drivers and cabinet of the Airmotiv C3+, features audiophile quality film capacitors, air core inductors, and precision resistors in critical locations.
- Bi-amp terminals allow you to access the woofer and midrange/tweeter sections of the Airmotiv C3+ separately for bi-amping or bi-wiring.
GREAT SOUND – NOW AND FOR YEARS TO COME
- Meticulous design, extensive testing, and in-depth listening tests with a wide variety of musical material, ensure that the Airmotiv C3+ delivers both excellent technical performance and superb sound quality.
- High-quality parts and conservative design ensure that your Airmotiv C3+’s will sound great the day you purchase them, and for years to come.
Full five-year warranty ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your Airmotiv C3+ Loudspeakers for years to come./
Three-way center-channel loudspeaker.
High frequency driver
32 mm Airmotiv folded ribbon tweeter.
5-1/4 inch woven fiber cones.
Low frequency drivers
6-1/2 inch woven fiber cones.
Dual speaker terminals for bi-amping or bi-wiring.
92 dB (2.83V/1m).
200W continuous / 350W peak.
Recommended amplifier power
75W – 400W / channel.
40 Hz – 28 kHz (+3/-3 dB).
Crossover (midrange / tweeter)
Crossover (woofer / midrange)
Shelf or stand mounted.
Black cloth over a rigid frame; attaches securely with powerful magnets for easy removal.
8-5/8 inches high x 54-3/4 inches wide x 12-1/4 inches deep.
59 pounds (unboxed).
Get 100% Original Product from your favourite brand.
Get Flat 2% Off on all Debit Card Transactions.
Get easy return and replacement options on all products
Pay securely using our trusted partner gateway.